UNITED WAY OF HENDERSON COUNTY: Hendersonville, NC
Volunteer Matching Program Coordinator
- Developed and maintained mobile-friendly website listing local volunteer opportunities
- Cultivated relationships with volunteer coordinators at local non-profits
- Assisted individuals and non-profits agencies in use of website to list, seek out, and register for volunteer opportunities
- Marketed and promoted website to civic groups, churches, and non-profit agencies
- Tracked and analyzed key metrics for reporting purposes
MOUNTAIN CREATIVE ARTS COUNSELING: Hendersonville, NC
Founder, Counselor/LPCA, Art Therapist
- Assesed clients level of functioning to provide diagnosis and develop treatment plan
- Provided individual and group counseling and art therapy to clients in private practice setting
- Facilitated individual and group art therapy sessions to residents of assisted living facilities
- Developed and facilitated art workshops for local community members
- Documented services and maintained clients’ records
- Marketed services to potential referral sources and community at-large
- Completed all the networking, accounting, billing, social media marketing, and website development activities to build and promote the practice
HENDERSON COUNTY DSS: Hendersonville, NC
In-Home Social Worker, Child Protective Services
July 2013-July 2015
- Implemented case plan with parents to prevent their children from entering state custody
- Monitored parents’ progress in various treatment programs
- Linked family members to services in the community to support their treatment goals
- Participated in the family court process, including working with lawyers judges, and Guardian ad Litems to make decisions in the best interest of the children served
- Investigated reports of abuse and neglect
FAMILY PRESERVATION SERVICES: Hendersonville, NC
Day Treatment Program Director, Rugby Middle School
April 2010-July 2013
- Responsible for the oversight of planning and coordination of therapeutic and rehabilitative services to students enrolled in the Day Treatment program.
- Supervised a team of mental health professionals to ensure that program policies and procedures are followed by staff, including attendance, schedules, job duties, etc.
- Developed group, activity-based summer program for students enrolled in the service
- Designed and facilitated counseling groups to coincide with evidence-based curricula
- Assessed referrals and admissions to the program and process all emergencies
- Acted as primary liaison with school administrators
- Provided ongoing measurement of student outcomes and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Maintained written evaluations on students’ progress in the program
- Provided crisis intervention and therapeutic de-escalation for students and their parents
FAMILY LEAVE: Hendersonville, NC
October 2008-April 2010
ECKERD YOUTH ALTERNATIVES: Hendersonville, NC
October 2007-October 2008
- Ensured the progress and welfare of a youth camper group through therapeutic and educational programs in a wilderness setting
- Taught school curriculum through experiential learning in small and large groups.
- Assisted classroom teachers in implementing core learning standards.
- Utilized a strengths-based approach in formulating treatment plans and goals for each camper
- Maintained written evaluations on campers’ progress
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATE: North Carolina,
LPCA A10836, 5/31/14 to Current
PRATT INSTITUTE: Brooklyn, New York,
Master of Professional Studies in Art Therapy and Creativity Development, 2007
SALEM COLLEGE: Winston-Salem, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minor in Studio Art, 2005: Cum Laude
- “Mindful Art Making.” The Mountain Community School, Hendersonville. 17 February 2017.
- “Mindful Art Making for Self-Care.” Avery Creek Elementary School, Asheville. 16 December 2016.
- “Beyond Coloring: Art for Wellness and Healing.” Asheville Area Counseling Professionals Association Meeting. Lenoir Rhyne University, Asheville. 26 August 2016.
- “It’s Never too Late: The Role of Art in the Aging Process.” Blue Ridge Activity Professionals Association Meeting. Givens Estates, Asheville. 8 August 2016
- “Expressive Arts Therapy in Counseling Panel Discussion.” Lenoir Rhyne University, Asheville. 23 March 2016.
- Under supervision to become a Registered and Board Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC) with theArt Therapy Credentials Board
- Member ofThe American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- In training to receive a Certificate in Traumatic Stress Studies from The Trauma Center at JRI in Boston, MA (to be completed in summer 2017)
- Trained in Trauma-Informed Art Therapy, DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), and Level 1 Yoga for Trauma and Resiliency
- Professional Artist in Hendersonville, NC
Updated March 2017