We had a wonderful “playshop” on Tuesday at The Shift Studio. We began by setting an intention for the session and asking a question that we wanted our journals to respond to.
We started with large sheets of brown kraft paper, which we filled with color, texture, collage, text, and images corresponding to our questions.
We tore our kraft paper down to size, and bound them together to create a unique visual journal. We spent some time with our journals, writing and processing any answers we received. We then wrote a letter to ourselves to help us remember any insights that came to us during the session.
I’m so proud of my students! Thank you all for your trust and vulnerability as you shared about your experiences today.
Here’s what some students had to say after the workshop:
- “Thank you for a super workshop. I had a wonderful time, feel great about taking the next step and excited about the possibilities that are opening up.”
- “The tone you set was so conducive to safety and exploring and enjoying.”
- “Your instruction and pacing for the activity were just right, gave precisely the guidance I needed.”
- “I so enjoyed the Journaling class yesterday and Kara was fantastic. So easy to be with, listen to and she is caring and knows her work. I found I could do something for me and enjoy the quiet atmosphere as well. Thank you for providing this opportunity.”
- “I appreciate the masterful job you did with planning and preparation. The whole workshop gave such a sense of being carefully designed and thoughtfully set up — with delightful materials: art supplies bountiful but not overwhelming, decorated and encouraging individual packets of goodies… It seems you thought of everything, right down to that tiny envelope for our message to ourself. It was all so inviting and pleasing.”