Art workshops at Mountain Creative Arts Counseling are designed for those who wish they were more creative, and desire the time, space, and permission to explore their creativity regardless of what their (internal or external) critics tell them. I make the projects fun and accessible for the non-artist as well as educational for those with some art experience.
Find the Right Workshop for You
These workshops are designed to inspire creativity. I will gently guide you through each step, as you learn new techniques, experiment, and complete a project, in a safe, supportive environment.
Check out our Times News Feature
For Kara Ashley-Gilmore, losing oneself while drawing curvy lines on paper or painting vivid flowers on the pages of a simple handmade book is what it’s all about.As an art therapist at her Mountain Creative Arts Counseling business, Ashley-Gilmore takes the process of tapping into one’s inner artist seriously.”It’s about getting what’s inside out,” said Ashley-Gilmore.
“Wear Your Joy: Painted Cabochon Necklaces”
Monday, July 10, 2017
During this short workshop, you’ll be creating a custom, 1 inch, cabochon necklace with a 3-4 letter word using acrylic paints and mixed-media techniques. Wear your joy, love, hope…or whatever you need as a daily reminder to make time and space for what’s important to you. These also make great gifts!
All supplies Included.
- “Thank you for a super workshop. I had a wonderful time, feel great about taking the next step and excited about the possibilities that are opening up.”
- “The tone you set was so conducive to safety and exploring and enjoying.”
- “Your instruction and pacing for the activity were just right, gave precisely the guidance I needed.”
- “Kara was fantastic. So easy to be with, listen to and she is caring and knows her work. I found I could do something for me and enjoy the quiet atmosphere as well. Thank you for providing this opportunity.”
- “I appreciate the masterful job you did with planning and preparation. The whole workshop gave such a sense of being carefully designed and thoughtfully set up — with delightful materials: art supplies bountiful but not overwhelming, decorated and encouraging individual packets of goodies… It seems you thought of everything, right down to that tiny envelope for our message to ourselves. It was all so inviting and pleasing.”
REGISTRATION POLICY: No refunds or credits of any payment will be made for notification of withdrawal within 7 days of the start of the workshop, once the workshop has started or for missed sessions of groups. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop if minimum enrollment is not met; in which case, the registration fee will be fully refunded. When we receive your registration we will send confirmation and specific workshop information. If the workshop is full, you will be notified that you have been placed on a waiting list. I limit workshops to 6-8 participants to allow each student the necessary time and space to complete their project. Therefore early registration is optimal to guarantee your seat.
Purchase a Gift Certificate
Choose from Two Different Designs
To redeem a gift certificate, contact me directly to register for the workshop of your choice. firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-595-3847
Want to Know About Upcoming Art Workshops?
Directions and Parking
Art workshops are held at 307 N Main Street, between 3rd and 4th Avenues, in Downtown Hendersonville. Mountain Creative Arts is above McFarlan’s Bakery, to the left of the red vending machine. Free parking along Main Street has a three-hour restriction, Monday through Saturday, from 8am to 6pm. For additional parking information, visit Downtown Hendersonville’s parking page.
Contact Kara, at 828-595-3847 or email@example.com with any questions.