Art workshops at Mountain Creative Arts Counseling are designed for those who wish they were more creative, and desire the time, space, and permission to explore their creativity regardless of what their (internal or external) critics tell them. I make the projects fun and accessible for the non-artist as well as educational for those with some art experience.
When was the last time you did something creative?
These workshops are designed to inspire creativity. I will gently guide you through each step, as you learn new techniques, experiment, and complete a project, in a safe, supportive environment.
Now offering Private Art Workshops!
Monday, November 20, 2017
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
WHAT WOULD YOU PAINT IF YOU KNEW YOU WOULDN’T BE JUDGED?
Grab a brush, and let it all out!
Join us for this monthly painting series, where we will express ourselves through colors, lines, and shapes.
These workshops are about the process of art-making–the release of emotions, the building of confidence, self-acceptance, and self-compassion–not what your final painting looks like. I will provide an optional prompt or theme and share painting techniques during each class.
No art experience needed.
$25 per class.
All supplies are included.
Feel free to bring your favorite art journal, if you would prefer.
Gratitude Bowls at The Namaste Center
Saturday, November 18, 2017
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
“For it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.“ -Brother David Steindl-Rast
Gratitude is more than just a thought or a feeling. It is a consistent practice of recognizing moments, people, and things that you are thankful for. A gratitude bowl can be part of forming a daily gratitude practice or ritual. We will form our bowls using plaster gauze and decorate with scraps of paper and paint. Once complete, you may use your bowls to hold little reminders of all the wonderful things you are thankful for throughout the year.
These sessions will be for the non-artist and artist alike. There is NO need to have any artistic experience, as it is about the creative process.
All materials will be provided.
No pre-registration required.
$20 Donation Suggested.
Previous Art Workshops Include…
Mixed Media Affirmation Painting
Mixed Media Mandalas
Luscious Layered Blooms
Cigar Box Zen Gardens
Connect: Art & Nature Retreat
Altoid Tin Shrines
Mixed Media Cobochon Necklaces
- “Thank you for a super workshop. I had a wonderful time, feel great about taking the next step and excited about the possibilities that are opening up.”
- “The tone you set was so conducive to safety and exploring and enjoying.”
- “Your instruction and pacing for the activity were just right, gave precisely the guidance I needed.”
- “Kara was fantastic. So easy to be with, listen to and she is caring and knows her work. I found I could do something for me and enjoy the quiet atmosphere as well. Thank you for providing this opportunity.”
- “I appreciate the masterful job you did with planning and preparation. The whole workshop gave such a sense of being carefully designed and thoughtfully set up — with delightful materials: art supplies bountiful but not overwhelming, decorated and encouraging individual packets of goodies… It seems you thought of everything, right down to that tiny envelope for our message to ourselves. It was all so inviting and pleasing.”
REGISTRATION POLICY: No refunds or credits of any payment will be made for notification of withdrawal within 7 days of the start of the workshop, once the workshop has started or for missed sessions of groups. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop if minimum enrollment is not met; in which case, the registration fee will be fully refunded. When we receive your registration we will send confirmation and specific workshop information. If the workshop is full, you will be notified that you have been placed on a waiting list. I limit workshops to 6-8 participants to allow each student the necessary time and space to complete their project. Therefore early registration is optimal to guarantee your seat.
Want to Stay Informed About New Art Workshops?
Directions and Parking
Art workshops are held at 307 N Main Street, between 3rd and 4th Avenues, in Downtown Hendersonville. Mountain Creative Arts is above McFarlan’s Bakery, to the left of the red vending machine. Free parking along Main Street has a three-hour restriction, Monday through Saturday, from 8am to 6pm. For additional parking information, visit Downtown Hendersonville’s parking page.
Contact Kara, at 828-595-3847 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.